"Why People Follow Other People"
5. POSITION (Title) "Rights" - People follow because they have to.
4. PERMISSION. "Relationships" - People follow because they want to
3. PRODUCTION. "Results" - People follow because of what you have done for the organization.
2. PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT. "Reproduction" - People follow because of what you have done for them personally.
1. PERSONHOOD. "Respect" - People follow you because of who you are and what you represent.
PERSONHOOD is the strongest and most influential level of leadership.
From The Top Ten Mistakes Leaders Make by Hans Finzel.