ANGER is one-letter away from DANGER
I think the letter "D" could also be pronounced as "Death";
For that is what Anger brings about: Death of Relationships,
Death of Joy, Death of Health, and Death of Happiness.
So, be slow to Anger, the Bible says;
For, the angry are friendless, mindless, and gainless;
And, all the fury that a man would put to display
Can never work out, for sure, heaven's righteousness.
See how Cain was cursed for his murderous anger;
See how Moses was banned for his frustrated ire;
For anger did turn one's own brother into a stranger,
And burn the lips of the meekest man with torturous fire.
So, be angry, but sin not;
Let the love of Christ put those flames out;
Burn instead with the Fire of the Spirit,
And let God take care of your world around.
- "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment." (Matthew 5:22)
- "So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
- for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God." (James 1:19-20)
- "Better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and angry woman." (Proverbs 21:19)
- "Make no friendship with an angry man, and with a furious man do not go, lest you learn his ways and set a snare for your soul." (Proverbs 22:24-25)
- "Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, For anger rests in the bosom of fools." (Ecclesiastes 7:9)
- "A wrathful man stirs up strife, But [he who is] slow to anger allays contention." (Proverbs 15:18)
- "[He who is] slow to anger [is] better than the mighty, And he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city." (Proverbs 16:32)
- "The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger, And his glory [is] to overlook a transgression." (Proverbs 19:11)
- "A stone [is] heavy and sand [is] weighty, But a fool's wrath [is] heavier than both of them." (Proverbs 27:3)
- "Wrath [is] cruel and anger a torrent..." (Proverbs 27:4)
- ""Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil." (Ephesians 4:26)