In the New Testament, a massive temple-format is not seen. However, the worship service is commanded to be an ordered event, not a disordered one (1Cor.14:33). In massive events, the role of a choir to lead the Church in worship cannot be disregarded as God doesn't see the choir as disruptive of His glory but only glorifying Him (2Chr.5:13,14). Every act of worship must be done to strengthen the church (1Cor.14:26).
Some Qualifications of the Choir
1. They should have the calling and anointing for worship (Acts 6:3; 1Chronicles 25). Unless they have the calling, they cannot have dedication for service.
2. They should be obedient to the Choir leader (IChr.25:6)
3. They must be submissive to the Church authority (IChr.25:6)
4. They must be trained and skillful in singing and/or in playing different instruments (IChr.25:7)
5. They must be instructed in the songs of the Lord (not attracted by worldly music) (IChr.25:7).
6. They must be dedicated to the service of the House of the Lord (IChr. 25:6). When it comes to Church ministry, availability is important and signifies dedication (1Chr.9:33).
7. They should be full of joy and enthusiasm (1Chr.15:16).
8. They should have discipline in dress, posture, and order (2Chr.5:12)
9. They can be both male and female together (Ezra 2:65)
10. They must be filled with the Spirit of God (Eph. 5:18,19).
11. They should sing with grace in heart (Col.3:16).
12. The musicians and the singers must play and sing in harmony (2Chr.5:13)
13. The singing and playing must strengthen worship, not disturb it (2Chr.29:28)