1. Christlessness (2Cor.3:15). A heart that knows the Law, but doesn't have Christ who is the fulfillment of the Law, is blind. But, when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.
2. Hatred (1Jn.2:11). The darkness that one lives in blinds the eyes of a person so that he cannot love his brother. A person who hates is unable to see, because only love can see. Hatred is blind.
3. Bribe (Deut.16:19). Lust for money blinds the eyes of justice. Lust suspends the powers of discretion and judgment. Covetousness and greed destroy vision.
4. Spirit of Stupor in Hardened Hearts (Rom.11:8). God sends the spirit of stupor on those who have chosen to reject the grace of God. In one text we read that God abandons rebellious people to a debased mind (Rom.1:28).
5. God of this Age, the Devil (2Cor.4:4). The devil blinds the eyes of those people who refuse to believe the Gospel willfully, lest the light of the Gospel should shine on them.
But, "The Lord opens the eyes of the blind" (Ps.146:8)
Psa.119:18; 2Cor.3:16; 2Cor.4:6; Acts 26:18
Shakespeare said that Love is Blind; the Bible declares that Hatred is Blind (1John 2:11)