1. Godliness is the lifestyle God desires us to live on earth (1Tim.2:2)
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
2. Godliness is coupled with Honesty (reverence) or (1Tim.2:2).
3. Godliness guides the way we dress or behave in public (1Tim.2:10)
in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing,but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works.
4. The Birth, Death, Resurrection, and Ascension of Jesus are called the Mystery of Godliness (1Tim.3:16)
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.
5. One can train oneself in Godliness (1Tim.4:7)
But reject profane and old wives' fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness.
6. Godliness has profit in this life and the life to come (1Tim.4:8)
For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.
7. Godliness is the measuring rod to know if a theology is right or wrong (1Tim.6:3)
If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness
8. Godliness cannot be commercialized (1Tim.6:3-5)
If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness,he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions,useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.
9. Godliness needs only Contentment to be fully profitable (1Tim.6:6)
Now godliness with contentment is great gain.
10. Godliness must be pursued (1Tim.6:11)
But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.