MODERN RESPONSES TO THE GOSPEL
1. The Rationalist: The Cross is too irrational!
2. The Empiricist: I won't believe unless I see and touch and verify.
3. The Utilitarian: What do I gain from all this faith-talk? What does it matter to me if God is God? I want to know what I benefit by accepting this Gospel now.
4. The Pluralist: All rivers lead to the same ocean. So, everything is alright.
5. The Sensualist: There is too little drama in this story. It is too plain if not too incomprehensible.
6. The Religionist: The Gospel will destroy our age-old religion. Begone with it!
7. The Believer: I believe!